Fennel – This can be sliced raw into salads, but here is a nice, simple recipe that uses a few herbs we grow on the farm.
Shaved Fennel Salad with Lemon, Parsley and Chives (from Huffingtonpost.com)
- 3 fennel bulbs, very thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the fennel, parsley, and chives in a large bowl.
- Grate the lemon zest over the fennel mixture. Squeeze the lemon over the fennel.
- Add the oil and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound the salad on plates and serve immediately.