Common Thread Farm
2016/7 Winter CSA Shares are available! Sign up forms can be found by clicking the box to the left.
We farm because we love working closely with the earth, and producing good, healthy food for our local communities.
Our mission at Common Thread Farm is to produce healthy food for our local community using sustainable growing methods, provide opportunities for people to connect with the land and their community, and contribute to larger efforts towards a just and sustainable food system.
- We value the Earth and strive to work with and to the benefit of its ecosystems in growing food.
- Food and farms provide a necessary connection for people to the land and to each other. It is important for people to have opportunities to experience those connections--to know and love the land that helps to sustain them and to connect to the community that comes together, in work and in celebration, around food and land.
- We value a local and regional food system for its many benefits. These benefits include the health benefits of fresh, minimally processed food; conservation of farmland and open space; transparency, accountability and community connections; and contribution to the regional economy and self-sustainability.
- We care about food justice including fair wages for farm workers and access to healthy food for people of all income levels.
- We value our relationships with family, co-workers, friends, and farm participants and seek honest, open communication; inclusiveness; and trust.
NOFA Farmers Pledge
While we use organic methods on the farm, we have chosen not to become USDA Certified Organic and have instead chosen to take the Northeast Organic Farmers Association's Farmer's Pledge. We always encourage members to come and visit the farm to see where and how their food is grown.